The fashion industry is one of the most polluting industries in the world, and it’s time we rethink the materials, processes, and packaging used to create our beloved purchases. This is why we’ve done the upfront legwork and vetted our brands to ensure that our planet’s health is top of mind for them as well.
Women lift up half of the sky - by investing in women, you’re assisting in the process of creating more wealth for families and communities. The successes of women shape the way young girls see themselves as they develop into leaders, and it's essential for the world to provide leaders that mirror half of the population.
The secret behind the beauty, personal-care, and fashion industry is that they’re virtually unregulated, and therefore, allowed to use untested chemicals in their products. Exposure to these ingredients can be harmful overtime, and that’s why we’ve vetted each and every single one of these brands to ensure that they’re up to standards for those looking for a cleaner beauty routine or may be more sensitive to harsh ingredients.
Here at ourCommonplace, all brands have our ethical stamp of approval, which encompasses decent working conditions, treatment of workers, and fair-wages. Through providing a platform for purchasing ethical goods and ensuring all brands uphold ethical standards, we hope to take us towards a more equitable and just world.
We believe in uplifting BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) communities by empowering their businesses. By choosing to allocate your purchasing power to BIPOC-owned businesses, you're not only strengthening local BIPOC communities — you're also contributing to shrinking the racial wealth gap, fostering job creation, and propelling diverse representation across consumer industries.
Animal tests are often painful and cause the suffering and deaths of millions of animals every year. Having this stamp of approval means that no animals were tested on, harmed or killed in the process of making the product. When you opt in for cruelty-free brands, you’re opting out of animal testing, and investing in clean products that are made for the benefit of your body, animals, and the environment.
Containing powerful antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and a rich source of essential fatty acids, Amla is the most antioxidant rich ingredient in the world.
Can be used 01. Daily Face Care, 02. Smooth Neck /Décolletage, 03. Fade Marks, 04. Protect Hands, 05. After-Sun Care, 06. Tame/Repair Hair, 07. Travel Aid, 08. Self-Care
01. Daily Face Care - Can be used as your go-to face oil day and night. In the AM, apply after cleansing skin and before make-up—it makes an excellent primer. Use it on its own or layer with serum, toning mist or face cream for an extra dose of nutrients.
02. Smooth Neck /Décolletage - Gently massage in an upward motion into chest and neck to help reduce the look of sun damage and smooth fine lines.
03. Fade Marks - Jojoba and Kokum help heal skin that’s dry, cracked, scarred or razor burned. Apply as a targeted spot treatment and apply regularly for maximum benefits.
04. Protect Hands - Keep at your deskside and bedside—apply to skin, nails and cuticles for daily care or use as a deeply nourishing overnight treatment by applying liberally and protecting hands with cotton gloves.
05. After-Sun Care - Help calm and soothe parched skin that is peeling or red from too much sun. Babassu oil can gently relieve skin from sunburns while Shea and Cocoa Butter help with inflammation.
06. Tame/Repair Hair - Amla Berry’s abundant nutrients leave hair looking hydrated and healthy. Warm a pea sized amount in hands and apply to the ends of damp hair to use as a treatment. To smooth fly-aways, use half-pea size on dry hair.
07. Travel Aid - Gently massage a tiny amount under nose for a fresh flight, dab on lips to keep them soft, around eye area for hydration and on hands to lock in moisture.
08. Self-Care - Our signature organic essential oil blend is uplifting and calming. Gently massage into temples and middle of forehead before meditation, yoga or a relaxing bath.
Use spatula to scoop small amount in hands or fingers and warm it up. Apply anywhere in need of loving repair; face, hands or body. A little goes a long way.
Store product out of direct sunlight, keep in a cool dry place. (15-25C/59-75F). Should product soften, refrigerate until solid – efficacy will not be affected. This is the nature of organic ingredients.
8 Faces introduces healing ingredients for modern life. With a minimal approach to beauty we create luxurious products that are highly effective and can easily fit into your skincare routine. After living a hectic lifestyle as a TV producer, founder Beth Shuman noticed stress related changes to her skin and wanted to create an all-in-one product that was organic and provided instant visible results.
Boundless Solid Oil, our award winning balm, boasts 18 USDA certified organic ingredients and 8 suggested uses. Made with the super-fruit Amla Berry which has 50X the Vitamin C as an orange and 25 X the antioxidant power of blueberries. The abundance of vitamins, minerals and omega fatty acids fight free radical damage and boost collagen bringing a fresh glow to your skin. Fast absorbing velvety smooth finish with an uplifting yet calming scent of citrus with hints of bergamot and white grapefruit.
Please note that all orders ships directly from our partners to you and each partner has policies unique to its boutique.
For 8 Faces - All shipping is free with carbon offset! All orders will be processed within 3 business days of order placement. For this internationally based brand, item(s) will arrive at your doorstep within 5-10 days once shipped.
After you've placed your order, you'll receive an order confirmation in your inbox. Once your order has been shipped, you'll receive an additional email with tracking number.
For 8 Faces - For full priced items, if you don’t 100% love the item, let us know, and we’ll gladly accept the item(s) within 30 days of purchase for a flat $6 fee for each boutique. Discounts above 40% are not eligible for returns. Please refer to this page for instructions and details to our returns & exchange policy.